We hope you enjoy your Manchester Wood furniture for many years to come. With proper care, your solid hardwood furniture will stand the test of time beautifully.
Indoor Furniture Care
Dust as needed with a soft cloth. For surface spills, simply clean with a damp cloth and mild solution of dish soap and water, then dry with a dry cloth. To polish, use a soft cloth and furniture polish that contains no pigment or silicone.
Outdoor Furniture Care
- Recommendations for extending the life of your outdoor furniture:
- A deck, porch or patio is the best location for your furniture.
- During inclement weather and off-season, bring your furniture indoors or use a furniture cover.
- To clean, wipe accumulated dirt with a solution of warm soapy water and a softcloth; rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Over time, wood exposed to the ground will absorb moisture which may cause rot. If you use your chair on a lawn, occasionally move it to a dry surface such as a patio or deck to allow the legs to dry out.
- Over time, your outdoor furniture will need refinishing. We recommend the following:
- Lightly sand each piece with 220 grit sandpaper before applying paint. You do not have to sand down to bare wood.
- On painted furniture, apply a primer first. Finish with an outdoor weather resistant acrylic paint. The original paint color can be matched at your local hardware or paint store.