With only a few short hours left in 2013 here on the east coast at our mill in the Adirondack foothills we wish to share with you some benchmark accomplishments, initiatives, and insights that have made 2013 a special year here at Manchester Wood. We can’t express our gratitude enough for how great a year its been for us as a business, especially with ManchesterWood.com, a growing quality American made furniture source online for our exclusive furniture made right here.
This list is as much our success as it is yours, because without our customers, friends, and Manchester Wood community, we wouldn’t have had…
- Over 40 new products added
- 7 new collections
- Expanded Shaker and Mission lines
- Complete redesign of our Contemporary collection
- New product developments in nesting, space-saving, convenience, and practicality
- Improved shipping times
- Continued free monthly product giveaways (nearly 3 years running)
- A Company Video
- Over 5,000 new Facebook likes
- 400 new Twitter followers
- Nominee for the 2013 Martha Stewart American Made Audience Choice Award
- A remodeled, shop-friendly ManchesterWood.com
- Opened a Factory Seconds Store inside Camelot Village in Bennington, Vermont
- Our many wholesale customers and their many, many great customers happy with our products yet another year
- Also, our many, many direct retail customers who have been amazing, pleased, patient, and supportive yet another year of our growing business
- And, regardless of competition and the unfortunate domestic disposition, it’s also another proud year of making you 100% Made in USA solid wood furniture locally right from our mill in upstate New York
Our family business of hardworking craftspeople has had many years in woodworking, and we can’t help to think 2013 was a special one. We look forward to serving you the finest in affordable sturdy, long-lasting American made furniture in 2014 and the many more years to come ahead.
Happy New Year!
Have a blessed one,
Ed & Priscilla Eriksen
Manchester Wood: American Made Furniture
When seeking a solid, sturdy furniture piece I can’t help but think an important one would be a solid wood bookshelf. They hold small artifacts of our lives – awards, nick-knacks of travels, novels that we hold dear, cookbooks that nourish us, and important guides as references throughout our day. Bookshelves are an important aspect at home, and at Manchester Wood we not only specialize in solid furniture that’s built to last generations, we also specialize in solid wood bookshelves that are built to last generations while holding the items you hold close along the way.
Mission 46″ Bookshelf
A few examples from our Mission Collection, would be our Mission 46” Bookshelf, which is a classic piece of solid wood furniture that offers ample storage space with three fixed shelves. Also, the Mission Bookcase carries five shelves featuring two adjustable shelves to allow for items of varying heights. Then there’s the Mission Underwindow Bookshelf with Adjustable Shelf, which was designed to provide the most storage in the smallest amount of space. It features an adjustable shelf for easily customized storage; and its compact profile means it can fit in any number of tight spaces. The Mission 30” Bookshelf, at just 30 inches high is designed to fit into larger vertical spaces than the Mission Underwindow Bookshelf design. The extra height allows for larger books, or other items. With an adjustable shelf in the middle there is versatility to make the bookcase fit your needs exactly. Of course all our mission furniture is made from sustainable American solid hardwood ash, and 100% made in the USA by our skilled employees with our Quality Guarantee.
At Manchester Wood we also produce some of the finest top end tables in the country. When seeking small end tables and end tables with storage look no further than ManchesterWood.com. Our wooden end tables however bridge to bookshelves with the Chairside Bookshelf, merging a solid wood bookshelf with a small end table at only 11” wide. It’s a great space saver! With two shelves to display your favorite books, collectibles, or magazines and a top surface that doubles as an end or side table it makes a great alternative for compact solid wood bookshelves.
All our products are crafted at our own mill in the Adirondack foothills of New York.