When getting ready to buy new furniture for your house or apartment it may be a daunting task. Some people aren’t made with the interior designer gene so we’ve come up with a couple of tips and suggestions to help make the process a little smoother for you. If you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for and you need a little inspiration and guidance, then you’ve definitely come to the right place.
Your living room is most likely one of the most important spaces in your home. In most houses, it’s often one of the first rooms guests come across upon entering, and it maybe where you and your family spend a lot of time whether it be holidays, birthdays, dinner parties, etc. For all of these reasons mentioned, it’s crucial to feel proud of this space and have it feel and look inviting for everyone who enters.
When picking out the right furniture for your space, it should also relatively match the rest of your houses’ over-all style as well as reflect your spirit and warmth. Therefore, it definitely takes a little planning and some extra time for some tender loving care and décor.
When choosing the main, larger pieces for your living room: sofas, love seats, entertainment system, etc. Make sure you measure the furniture-to-wall clearance so you have plenty of room to move around and you don’t end up with pieces that don’t fit well in your space. Also, remember to step back and take note of the whole size of the room. You don’t want furniture to look huge and overbearing. You also don’t want small chairs and other small items to look strange either, in a big room.
In the case of furniture that’s shared by more then one user, it’s also important to place these pieces in accessible spots to ensure all the family can use them. For instance, placing the coffee table in the center of the room is far better than placing it beside a chair that’s only used by one individual. However, end tables can also be a great fit. Listed below are just some suggestions of customer favorites for your room (please note: different color finishes are available in most of our products):
- Expressions Coffee Table: A beautifully crafted solid wood coffee table that’s narrow, and fit for practical use in-and-around the living room or den. 100% Made in the USA at our factory in Upstate New York. Quality Guarantee. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
- Rectangular Solid Cherry Coffee Table: Our Rectangular Cherry Coffee Table with a modern look adds character to a wide variety of rooms. It features a solid American cherry hardwood construction and a shelf for convenient storage. 100% Made in USA and built to last. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
- Expressions Square End Table: A strong, simple solid wood end table with elegantly curved moldings on the legs and surfaces. A finely crafted, time-tested piece made of solid ash hardwood. Plenty of shelving height below leaves storage of books and decorative items easy. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
Adding some storage units is a wonderful way to keep your room from being full of clutter as well as helping to make the space look bigger. It’s very important to find the balance between making the room feel as spacious as possible, and ensuring it’s full functionality. For this reason, utilizing bookcases and shelving is crucial, and so is adding in furniture that has storage potential. For example, a table with shelves can make an excellent replacement for a regular end piece. Some great examples of customer favorites that Manchester Wood has to offer are listed below:
- Chairside Magazine Rack: This Chairside Magazine Rack is based on the best-selling Chairside Storage Table. It offers similar convenience in a narrower design that doesn’t compromise on storage. This is the perfect end table for the reader seeking quick, convenient access to their current literature, all in a stylish and sturdy package. Made from solid American hardwood; built to last. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
- Mission 3-Shelf End Table: This stylish Mission 3-Shelf Table is a classic piece of solid wood furniture that offers ample storage space with three shelves. Crafted at our mill in the Adirondack foothills of New York; built to last generations. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
- Chairside Storage Table: Space-saving.. practical.. a uniquely designed item. At just 11″ wide with its hidden storage for stashing all those necessary but cluttering items around the chairs, this ideal narrow end table along with a lower shelf for additional storage more than delivers the namesake. The Chairside Storage Table is an attractive, functional piece that won’t crowd your home. A customer favorite. Built to last. For more information on this particular piece, or to purchase, you can visit it here.
Manchester Wood specializes in natural solid wood furniture made in the USA and can provide your living room (or any other room in your house for that matter) with everything from: solid cherry end tables, chair side magazine racks, glass display coffee tables, wood tv trays, and much more! Plus, it’s a family owned and operated company so you can have satisfaction in knowing that there are family roots, on top of the most quality craftsmanship and highest grade hardwoods to be enjoyed for years to come.
For more ideas on furniture for your living room or other spaces in your house you can visit here.